Data Loader helps in mass updating, inserting, upserting, deleting, and exporting your data. It is ideal for any organization that manages more than 50,000 records. As compared to Import Wizard, Data Loader supports more objects and can process more records. However, Data Loader is only available for Enterprise editions and above.
One of the most common cases being submitted to Salesforce.com support pertains to common data loader errors. It is important to be familiarized with these common data loader errors in order to prevent it from impacting your business. For data that require immediate processing, it is pertinent to know the initial steps needed to be done.
Here are some of the common data loader errors:
1. Error: Row is larger than header - this means that there is a data in a field that has no header to be mapped. To resolve the issue, please make sure that your import file has a header, and map it to appropriate field upon doing the import.
2. Error: System.Exception: Too many SOQL queries - the error means that there is a trigger on the object and it is currently exceeding the governor limits. To resolve the issue, you can either modify the trigger or have Salesforce.com support increase your API calls.
3. Error: Duplicate value found - this means that you are attempting to update a unique field. To resolve the issue, please ensure that the field/s you're attempting to update is/are not unique field/s. If they are unique fields, then you must enter a unique or different value. You can also consider temporary removal of a field's uniqueness while doing the update by clicking: Name | Setup | Customize | Object | Field | Click Edit on the field | Un-check "Do not allow duplicate values" | Save
4. Error: Owner ID: ID value of incorrect type - unlike Import Wizard, Data Loader requires Owner ID and not the record name to map the record owner.
5. Error: [INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY].Messae [Customer Record Type: id value not valid for the users profile: xxxxxxxxxxxxx] - this error message usually appears when you are the record type being assigned to a user is not yet active on his profile. To resolve the issue, the following steps should be done: Click on Setup | Manage Users | Click on the profile that the record type needs to be added to | Scroll down to the Record Type Settings section | Click Edit on the Object | Select the specific record type in the list "Available Record Types" and add it to "Selected Record Types | Save
These are just one of the most common data loader errors. If you have other error messages to report, please feel free to comment on this website or contact us at email@example.com.